Answering the Call to strengthen our community and quality of life for today and generations to come.
As military families, we know that mutual support is an enduring way of life. Through numerous moves, overseas assignments, triumphs, and heartbreaks—we have taken care of one another for decades. Now we take care of one another in retirement.
ARC Capital Campaign – Answering the Call is a multi-million-dollar capital campaign that will:
Provide life-enhancing amenities
Ensure the success of the community
Protect your investment
Provide resources to help you to age in place
Receive the care you may need down the road
Why do we need a capital campaign?
Our competitors continue to invest millions to bolster their occupancy
For us, decreasing occupancy is not a long-term option
More residents in the census will mean greater financial security
We can provide better choices for current and future residents
A capital campaign will help us minimize future debt
Phase One will raise $6 million towards enhancing:
- 28 Apartments and 14 Cottages
Open concept floor plans
- High-quality amenities to include cabinetry and appliances
- In-unit washers and dryers in apartments
- Sky Lounge
- High Rise Front Entry and Lobby
- Expanded Dining and Kitchen Areas
- Main Conference Room
- Friendship Room and Adjacent Hallways
- High Rise Corridors for all 13 floors
- ADA-compliant Public Restrooms
Future phases will bring:
- New Amenities
- Additional Housing
- The construction of a more modern nursing facility that will replace our current one
How will this affect you?
- You will have a stronger, more vibrant community
- Renovations will not affect ARC's maintenance fees; the renovations are a separate project with the goal of strengthening ARC's appeal and longevity
- Contact Anna Sweeden in the ARC’s Development office at 210-646-5461 or [email protected] if you have specific questions or would like to contribute. Every dollar is meaningful as we strive to reach, or even surpass, our goal.
- Should you wish to leave a legacy gift to the community, we have Estate Planning resources available to assist you.
- Charitable contributions made to the campaign are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Gifts of appreciated securities are accepted and could potentially provide a tax benefit for the donor. Please contact Anna Sweeden at ext. 5461 to learn more.
All charitable gifts to the Answering the Call Capital Campaign are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Ways to give:
- Checks should be made payable to ARC Foundation with “Capital Campaign” written in the memo line.
- Gifts by credit card can be made through the ARC’s secure website by clicking here. Select “Capital Projects” from the dropdown list in the Giving Options field.
- Residents may make a contribution by charging to their ARC Account. Contact Anna Sweeden or Emily Morehous at ext. 5331 for assistance.
- Gifts made through estate plans can be counted toward the campaign goal provided they are irrevocable gifts.
- Contributions may be dropped off to Anna Sweeden or Emily Morehous in the high-rise administrative office, at the High Rise front desk, or to the Finance office at Lakeside.
- To make a contribution by mail to Army Residence Community:
ATTN: Anna Sweeden
San Antonio, TX 78239