Dignity, Respect, and Compassion for the Memory-Impaired
The Oaks Memory Care Staff who serve residents at the Army Residence Community are specially trained to assist residents with memory issues. They provide compassionate, respectful, and dignified services to residents who once were high functioning and now struggle with the devastating effects of dementia. Our Memory Care is open to all veterans from all branches of the United States Armed Services.
We work with residents and their families as a team to ensure the highest quality of life possible for these residents. We encourage and nurture them with live entertainment, games, memory-inducing activities, and other stimulating ideas that encourage, uplift, and support them. Their rooms are filled with remembrances of lives fully lived – photos, personal effects, and other cherished belongings that create a sense of home and security. The Oaks is a quiet, peaceful environment that respects the changing needs of residents and honors their dignity.
What you’ll find at The Oaks Memory Care Wing
- 24-Hour Nursing Services
- Nursing Staff, Medical Director, and Visiting Physicians
- Specialized Rehabilitative Services
- Private Lobby, Dining, Activity, and Outdoor Amenities
- Fully Carpeted Rooms
- Adjustable Electric Hospital Beds
- Individually Controlled Heating and Air Conditioning
- Three Meals Daily and Snacks
- Special Dietary Plans
- Weekly Medication Pick-Up from Medical Facilities
- Laundry Service (Wash and Wear)
- Limited Transportation
- Social, Recreational, and Spiritual Programs conducted by accredited recreational therapists.
- Utilities, Including Phone and Cable TV