We are looking for an HR Intern to perform various administrative tasks and support our HR department’s
This is a standard internship description to be used for positions with similar duties, responsibilities, classification, and compensation. Interns may or may not perform all the essential functions indicated in this position description.
This internship description does not constitute an employment agreement between Army Residence Community and the intern. Requirements of this position are subject to change based on immediate need.
Part I: POSITION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for assisting the Wellness Coordinator in planning, designing, implementing executing, and evaluating a comprehensive wellness program for the residents of the ARC. The Intern will perform daily administrative tasks as needed and proficient use of WORD and Excel required.
Part II: SUPERVISION AND CONTROL OVER THE INTERN
The Intern will work under the direct supervision of the presiding Wellness Coordinator.
Part III: Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and assistance to the Wellness Coordinator in assessing, developing, and delivering fitness programs/classes with content consistent with residents’ needs and interests.
- Responsible for assisting with the gathering, and compiling of data to measure program success/attendance. This data will be used to compile monthly comprehensive reports that detail class size, age of attendees, time of day, and type of class.
- Maintain accurate records using computer applications.
- Ability to answer phones and respond to general inquiries about wellness offerings.
- Ability to maintain confidential documents and information and keep abreast of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to present self as a critical thinker. The intern should be self-motivated, organized, and have refined people skills.
- Demonstrate skills in fitness program building, have above average verbal and written communication abilities, and computer/web-based applications.
- Cleaning as needed.
Part V: QUALIFICATIONS
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or a related field.
• Position requires 6 months to 1-year experience in the health and wellness field.
• Have knowledge of fitness-related research and program design including basic anatomy, physiology, exercise principles, and behavior change methods.
• Will need to be computer literate, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite products.
Part VI: Physical Environment and Requirements of the Position:
Work is performed in a fast-paced wellness floor/office environment.
• Visual acuity is required for reading computer screens and/or documents and making changes as necessary.
The job requires high levels of alertness and concentration.
• Repetitive stooping and bending with occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds is required.
• Ability to sit for long periods at a time is also required.
• Ability to stand for at least 1 hour for presentations important.
• Intern must be able to hear, speak and understand the words of others, as well as, the ability to manipulate keyboards, telephone keypads, writing utensils is essential