JOB TITLE: Weekend Supervisor for Health Care and Assisted Living
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
FSLA STATUS: Non- Exempt
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Provide administrative/ supervisor support during the weekends with minimal assistance from other management-level staff. Observe direct care administered by staff ensuring safe, effective care is given in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Observe the performance of assigned duties by staff to ensure timely, efficient completion of all assigned tasks.
2. Ensure refill requisitions for medications from SAMMC are completed.
3. Assists with/conducts in-service with nursing personnel as required.
4. Supervises preparation of MARS/TARS and flow sheets and doctor’s orders monthly.
5. Performs Nurse duties, including:
- Supervise general nursing care provided by Nurse Assistant/Orderlies, Licensed Vocational Nurses and Medication Aides to ensure quality care is provided to all residents.
- Make daily shift assignments based on resident needs, residents census and personnel qualifications.
- Assure that goals and approaches from Resident Care Plan are conveyed to and implemented by the Nursing Staff.
- Consult D.O.N. re: issues that do not have simple solutions and may cause conflict among staff.
- Supervise and assure completion of daily and weekly documentation in the Resident Medical Record, Resident Care Plan and other required facility forms.
- Supervise and make recommendations regarding safe and effective feeding Practices, consulting with Registered Dietician as needed.
- Identify training needs of assigned staff in resident care and implement mini in-services. Give oral instructions regarding nursing care plan changes and end-of shift reports.
- Rounding on all units every 4 hours at minimum and PRN
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Observe residents, record significant changes in condition with appropriate documentation and interventions.
- Notifies physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and determine progress of residents.
- Change dressings and clean wounds.
- Explain procedures and treatments to residents and families.
- Practice good body mechanics and monitor practices of assigned staff, encouraging use of available lifting equipment, devices and labor-saving practices.
- Monitor (ensure) adherence to infection control and medication policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Assist in auditing medical charts on a monthly basis.
2. Supervises nursing staff in completing monthly nurse’s notes.
4. Reviews all new admissions.
5. Assist with the daily scheduling and attendance of nursing personnel.
6. Assists residents with medical concerns and medications.
7. Monitors the cleaning and maintenance of medical equipment, including the crash,
treatment, and medication carts.
8. Assists nursing staff as necessary.
9. Works nursing unit as necessary.
10. Monitors performance of private duty companions.
11. Adhere to and monitor efficient and courteous telephone use in accordance with facility policy.
12. Monitor environmental factors for potential safety hazards.
13. Complete daily, weekly, monthly tasks as noted on check-off sheets
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have LVN or RN License
- Must have staffing experience
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to multi-task, and have excellent time-management skills
- Must have the ability to provide clear instructions; must be comfortable working with people and managing employees; and must be capable of relating to Residents and Families
- Must exhibit a professional demeanor with ability to work in a collaborative environment, maintaining a positive professional attitude while participating in group discussions during meetings
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and exhibit trustworthy and ethical behavior at all times
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires to be on call during shifts, both clinical and staff, with ability to make independent decisions when warranted
ENVIRONMENTAL, PHYSICAL, AND OTHER CONDITIONS:
- Must pass a criminal background check (clear of offenses barring employment by facility’s regulatory and accrediting agencies)
- Work is performed indoors within climate-controlled conditions
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to push, pull, lift up and transfer loads up to 50 pounds
- Possess valid Texas Driver’s license to drive in/out or within the facility
- Access to reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time
• Competitive salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
• Flex Spending Account (FSA)
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Vacation, Personal Days, and Sick Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Complimentary Lunch
• Fitness Facility
The Army Residence Community is not a Government or Civil Service Facility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, and background check.
Job Type: Full-time