The Army Residence Community (ARC), is a non-profit, full service, Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) where residents find the quality of life they seek with the promise of excellent health care and a warm, inviting home environment. The Army Residence Community is currently accepting applications for a Social Worker .The Social Worker is responsible for identifying Residents psychosocial, mental and emotional needs along with providing, developing, and/or aiding in the access of services to meet those needs in accordance with policies and procedures, and current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. Responsible for fostering a climate, supporting policies, and establishing routines that enable Residents to maximize their individuality, independence, and dignity. This climate shall provide Residents with the highest practical level of physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and quality of life.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work
- Licensed by the State Board of Social Work
- Two years of long term care required
- MDS and care planning experience required
- Prior work with elders in a community
- Must have skills in communication, assessment and social work methods and techniques
- Must have a working understanding of social systems along with the ability to implement pertinent state and federal regulations
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with Residents, staff, and support agencies
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
Further details concerning this position will be discussed during the interview
The Army Residence Community is not a Government or Civil Service Facility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check