Administration: We are currently accepting applications for Full-time Accounts Receivable Clerk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phone, take messages, and schedule appointments with residents and staff
- Keep excellent records; scanning, labeling, and filing electronic and paper copies in appropriate places
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Maintain census for independent living and health care census as given
- Post cash receipts against first and third party accounts, keeping a detailed record of when payments were banked and applied
- Receive small cash deposits and disburse petty cash on a weekly basis
- Post charges to resident accounts as authorized
- Research and resolve billing issues in conjunction with the AR Manager and other departments as needed
- Prepare analysis of accounts and produce weekly/monthly/quarterly reports
- Assist AR Manager with month-end close, general ledger accounts, fixed assets and other ad-hoc reports as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent customer service experience is expected and required
- Integrity and accuracy is a necessity
- Cash handling experience in a business setting
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Office skills
- Must have strong professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization, vendors, and residents.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, general accounting procedures, and internal controls (general ledger, month-end closing, bank reconciliation, fixed assets etc.) are a plus
- Experience with integrated financial software programs is desirable
- Highly detailed, motivated and strong sense of urgency, organized and energetic team player
- Self-starter who can work independently at tasks as well as collaborate in multi-departmental groups
ENVIRONMENTAL, PHYSICAL, AND OTHER CONDITIONS:
- Must pass pre-employment requirements (criminal background check, drug screening, etc.) in accordance with regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time as required by task
- Must possess valid Texas Driver’s license
THE ARMY RESIDENCE COMMUNITY IS NOT A GOVERNMENT OR CIVIL SERVICE FACILITY.