JOB TITLE: Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chef
PURPOSE OF JOB: Under the general supervision of the Chef on duty, ensures that the kitchen work areas; dining room equipment and utensils are clean, sanitized and in an orderly condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sweeps, mops and scrubs floors.
2. Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
3. Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
Transports trash receptacles to the dumpster which is located in the basement
(approximately 500 feet).
4. Picks up Health Care carts, segregates and removes trash and garbage and places in designated containers.
5. Cleans Health Care carts with sanitizing solution after each meal.
6. Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand.
7. Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on a conveyor to the dishwashing machine.
8. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
9. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand truck.
10. Cleans major equipment (i.e. refrigerators, tilt fry kettle, steam kettle, etc.)
11. Performs other related duties as directed by the Chef on duty, Food Service Manager, or Director, Food Service. These duties may be essential or marginal depending upon the duties assigned or assumed
THE ARMY RESIDENCE COMMUNITY IS NOT A GOVERNMENT OR CIVIL SERVICE FACILITY.