Health Care: Army Residence Community is currently accepting applications for a Director of Nursing: Position reports to the Director of Health Care.
The Director of Nursing assumes authority, responsibility and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the facility. In collaboration with facility Director of Health Care, allocates department resources in an efficient and economic manner to enable each resident to attain or maintain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being. Collaborates with other departments, medical professionals, consultants and organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, to develop, support and coordinate resident care, related administrative functions and to represent the interest of the facility.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a current Texas license as a Registered Nurse and have graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Two years of professional nursing experience in the long-term care setting is required and a minimum of two years in a Nursing Leadership position
- Possess and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, organizational ability and communication skills
- Knowledge of long-term care management, policies, budgeting, personnel management and census development is required
- Current B.L.S. or C.P.R. certification
- Must have a working knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to communicate in English clearly in writing and verbally
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must be available on an "on call" basis
- Must carry a cell phone to be called to the facility in an emergency and is expected to report to the facility in an emergency
THE ARMY RESIDENCE COMMUNITY IS NOT A GOVERNMENT OR CIVIL SERVICE FACILITY