The Army Residence Community (ARC), is a non-profit Life Plan community, formerly known as Continuing Care Retirement Community where residents find the quality of life they seek with the promise of excellent health care and a warm, inviting home environment.
The Army Residence Community is currently accepting applications for a Beauty Salon(Lead Stylist):
The primary function of the Beauty Salon Manager is to effectively facilitate beauty services within the salon for the residents with exceptional customer service. The Beauty Salon Manager will maintain the highest level of standards for techniques, treatment, and design in conjunction with compliance to state regulations and policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs hair style consultation with the residents to determine what services are necessary.
- Provides services to residents such as shampooing, cutting, styling, coloring and highlighting as desired.
- Provides manicures and pedicures as requested by the residents.
- Maintains safety standards and cleanliness.
- Emphasizes product benefits and assist residents in the selection of retail products or services for their hair needs.
- Maintains and fosters a consistent relationship with the resident base in order to ensure repeat residents.
- Proactively recruits new residents for services within the salon.
- Hires and manages stylists in the salon and maintains weekly schedule based on appointments.
- Performs all administrative functions within the salon to include purchasing equipment, beauty and barber products, etc.
- Records the overall accounting detail for services performed by all stylists.
- Performs reconciliation of accounts receivable in the salon for the Accounting Department.
- Reports and handles equipment repairs with pertinent vendors.
- Provides in-house training where applicable to staff stylists.
- Attends and participates in continuing education and training in order to follow new trends and techniques to maximize opportunities for self-development and team of stylists.
- Presents an appropriate attitude and professional appearance to reflect and promote the image of the salon.
- Comply with policies set forth in the Army Residence Community Employee Handbook.
- Records a detail of all treatments performed for each resident for accounting purposes.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer satisfaction that exceeds expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough knowledge of hair styles, hair care products and related procedures to the beauty industry.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Holds a valid cosmetology license issued by the state of Texas.
- 5 years’ experience preferred with management experience in a salon.
- Ability to work with a senior population. Preferred training or certification from a hair styling or cosmetology school.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
The Army Residence Community is not a Government or Civil Service Facility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
Job Type: Full-time