PURPOSE OF JOB: The primary function of the Beauty Salon Stylist is to effectively facilitate a requested beauty treatment for the residents. The Stylist maintains the highest level of standards for techniques, treatment, and design in conjunction with compliance to state regulations and policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs hair style consultation with the residents to determine what services are necessary.
- Provides services to residents such as shampooing, cutting, styling, coloring and highlighting as desired.
- Provides manicures and pedicures as requested by the residents.
- Maintains safety standards and cleanliness.
- Emphasizes product benefits and assist residents in the selection of retail products or services for their hair needs.
- Maintains and fosters a consistent relationship with the resident base in order to ensure repeat residents.
- Proactively recruits new residents for services within the salon.
- Attends and participates in continuing education and training in order to follow new trends and techniques to maximize opportunities for self-development.
- Presents an appropriate attitude and professional appearance to reflect and promote the image of the salon.
- Comply with policies set forth in the Army Residence Community Employee Handbook.
- Records a detail of all treatments performed for each resident for accounting purposes.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer satisfaction that exceeds expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough knowledge of hair styles, hair care products and related procedures to the beauty industry.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Holds a valid cosmetology license issued by the state of Texas.
- 5 years’ experience preferred.
- Ability to work with a senior population. Preferred training or certification from a hair styling or cosmetology school.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
The Army Residence Community is not a Government or Civil Service Facility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, and background check.