From our corporate commitment to limit energy usage, control emissions, and conserve natural resources, to the commitment of individual residents to reduce their environmental footprint, we are working to save the planet.
We are creating an environment that supports longer, healthier, higher-quality lives for our residents – a goal that is easily compatible with eco-friendly initiatives. Before launching our plan, the ARC conducted a complete audit of all facilities and we are continually discovering and implementing innovative ways to reduce energy consumption, including:
- Blown insulation in cottages and duplexes to increase energy efficiency.
- Foam insulation on new construction exterior walls to minimize air infiltration through wall sockets.
- Solar attic fans in cottages and duplexes to evacuate heat.
- New HVAC units in the cottages that improved our SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) from 7 to 18 and cut energy consumption in half.
- Variable speed chiller system in the high rise to deliver cold water for cooling the building; previously, the motors ran continuously, now they run on-demand, increasing efficiency, and decreasing emissions.
- Energy Star appliances in residences to save energy and protect the environment.
- LED bulbs to save energy, yet increase safety and provide brighter viewing.
- Constructing all new facilities under the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) green Building concept for maximum reduction of greenhouse emissions.
- Native plants and grasses that significantly reduce water consumption, were added to the Lakeside expansion.